Monday, August 22, 2016

Why Airbnb is the Only Way You Should Travel

Hi everybody!

For the past six years I have been addicted to traveling across Europe. I've picked up a lot of tips and tricks during that time. What I learned the most was to not stay at hotels (if I was staying for more than two days) during my travels! If you want to completely immerse yourself in the culture of where you are staying at, then stay in an apartment. Why? Hotels give you that touristy-feel. These hotels make you feel like you are traveling by giving you certain amenities such as, room service and maid service. To feel like you are a part of the city you must get your own food and do your own bed. Simple as that ;) What better way to explore the city by waking up early in the morning to find a local bakery housing sweet treats and good eats? My point is, you travel for experiences and renting an apartment will immerse you further into those experiences.

That's where Airbnb comes into play. Airbnb is an easy way to rent homes and apartments across the globe. Millions of people search for unique experiences through this site. Want to rent a traditional houseboat in Amsterdam? Airbnb has it. Want to rent a farmhouse in the middle of the Austrian Alps? Airbnb definitely has it. Throughout this Europe trip I was able to easily rent a houseboat and apartments.

Yes, I rented a houseboat in Amsterdam! Talk about an experience! :) In the middle of the Jordaan district, the best area to stay in Amsterdam, there was this houseboat rocking in the Amstel river. This is probably the most unique place I've stayed at. If you are interested in traveling to Amsterdam, I recommend staying in a houseboat. Here is the link to some places located in Amsterdam.

Below are photos of the houseboat I rented:









- SHOP TRAVEL ESSENTIALS -





1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sofia. what a beautiful house boat you stayed at. Also thanks for the tips.

    Isabella

    ReplyDelete