Thursday, July 17, 2014

Travel Diary: Milan Tourist


A courtyard with a sculpture on display

Entrance to the Galleria
Front of the Milan Cathedral


Piazza del Duomo
King Victor Emmanuel II statue
Inside the Galleria




Hi everybody!

I had half a day in Milan because I was going to take a train to Lake Como later that day. So, I quickly ate breakfast at the hotel, got dressed, and headed out. As I headed to the Galleria, which is one of the world's oldest malls that houses stores like Prada and Louis Vuitton, I passed by beautiful buildings only found in Milan. There were courtyards nestled in buildings, some with large sculptures to view. When I arrived at the Galleria I was in awe at the many fashionistas about. The tons of men and women dressed in high-fashion casually strolled through the mall... and this was on a Thursday morning! I was wowed by this remarkable city already, especially when at the end of the mall the Milan Cathedral appeared. This intricately made cathedral was placed in a giant piazza full of tourists, pigeons, and the statue of King Victor Emmanuel II. The inside of the cathedral was spacious lined with large columns and beautiful religious paintings. It is absolutely gorgeous!
Alas, I had to go to the Milano Centrale station, but not before taking one more walk through the beautiful Galleria.
So Milan, I had a lovely stay. The food was exquisite, the people were runway ready, and the architecture was grande. Hopefully I will be back to partake in the rich culture, but for now Milan.... ciao!

Thank you so much for reading!

Stay beautiful,

Sofia

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures I love them what a great trip.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Milan but these pictures make me want to go even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures. Looks like so much fun. I dream of visiting there.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest post if you get a second. http://www.fashboulevard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so beautiful there! I'm jealous of your trip!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Milan looks like such a beautiful place!
    Have an amazing time :)

    katielouise-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pictures!
    thank you for sharing!
    It s a wonderful city!

    ReplyDelete